Speed (1994)

Director: Jan de Bont

Writer: Graham Yost

Stars: Keanu Reeves, Dennis Hopper, Sandra Bullock, Joe Morton, Jeff Daniels, Alan Ruck, Glen Plummer



SWAT officer Jack Traven (Keanu Reeves) must face off against a mad bomber (Dennis Hopper) who has rigged a city bus to explode if its speed falls below 50 mph. 



When this film was first released, I was as caught up in the action as anyone and easily forgot the absurdity of the plot.

 


Upon a recent reviewing, however, I found that it just didn't hold up for me.

 


I couldn't overlook how silly the basic concept is, and the stereotyped characters and dialogue grated on my nerves. 



Nevertheless, director Jan de Bont deserves some credit for taking this idea farther than most directors could have.





























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of the Affair (1951)

The Insidious Dr. Fu Manchu (AKA The Mystery of Dr. Fu Manchu) (Fu Manchu #1) (1913)

The Thing (1982)